This lecture is an overview of the Multi-scale robotics, based on the Cellular Robotics System, which is the basic concept of the emergence of intelligence in the multi-scale way from Cell Level to the Organizational Level, proposed more than 30 years ago. It consists of many elements how the system can be structured from the individual to the group/society levels in analogy with the biological system. It covers with the wide range of challenging topics:
1. Individual robot level, Brachiation Robots and Multi-locomotion robots,
2. Medical robotics and simulator,
3. Cooperation and competition of the multiple robotics system
4. Distributed autonomous robotic system
5. Micro and nano robotics system
6. Bio analysis and bio-synthesis: bio-robotics system
7. Cyborg and Bionic System
8. Other systems.
Then I mainly focus on the new hybrid system as topics on Cyborg and Bionic Systems, which consists of the multiscale levels from the cell level, tissue level and system level. Thus, gives more insight of the research from the basic to applied areas for the future hybrid system to improve the quality of life of human.