The Summer Internship application is now open. Please apply here. Applications are due by March 1, 2020.
Expectations of Interns
- Must be a rising senior
- At least 6 weeks of commitment, varies with internship
- Proper behavior for a research lab
- Fulfilling all deadlines
- Complete post-internship survey
- Women, underrepresented minorities (Black, Hispanic, Native American, and Alaskan), first generation, and low-income populations are encouraged to apply
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Fill out the information form online
- Two letters of recommendation from school staff - teachers, administrators, guidance counselors, coaches, etc
- HS Transcript
- Cover Letter that discusses the following items: What your research interests are or if you are interested in working with anyone in particular; the most challenging project or activity that you worked on in school; and your plans for the future
- Internship Packet (Minors, Adults) - Please do not complete any spaces regarding laboratory, mentor, research, or faculty information.
- Letter signed by high school (counselor or administration) confirming that the school recognizes the GRASP internship program as a valuable education experience because this is an unpaid internship, not a job. The letter may merely state "X school recognizes the educational value of participating in an internship at the GRASP Lab." A one line letter is fine. No application will be accepted without this letter.
- Two references (21+)
- Submission of 2 examples of science writing (e.g., lab reports)
Submit all documents (except recommendations which may be sent separately) in PDF form in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your application is selected, you will be invited in for an interview.