High School Internships
For Summer 2024, each GRASP faculty member will select high school interns within GRASP on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of each GRASP Faculty Member. There will not be a central application at this time, but high school students may reach out directly to a GRASP Faculty member(s) who aligns with their research interests. A list of our GRASP Primary Faculty members may be seen here.
Note: Please understand that the availability of our internships is very limited and dependent on health situations, as well as, GRASP faculty and mentor availability each year. In addition, we cannot host virtual internships at this time.
Expectations of Interns
- Must be a rising senior
- At least 6 weeks of commitment, varies with the internship
- Proper behavior for a research lab
- Fulfilling all deadlines
- Women, underrepresented minorities (Black, Hispanic, Native American, and Alaskan), first generation, and low-income populations are encouraged to email and inquire.
Optional items below to be included in your interested high school intern email:
- Cover Letter that discusses the following items: What your research interests are or if you are interested in working with anyone in particular; the most challenging project or activity that you worked on in school; and your plans for the future
- Letters of recommendation from school staff – teachers, administrators, guidance counselors, coaches, etc
- HS Transcript
- Examples of science writing (e.g., lab reports)
- 1 to 3 References (from individuals aged 21+)
Documents needed once an internship is agreed upon by all parties:
– Internship Packet (Minors, Adults) – Please do not complete any spaces regarding laboratory, mentor, research, or faculty information.